Grayson High School follows standards and rules established by both the Gwinnett County Public School System and the Georgia High School Association. Any student wishing to represent
must meet eligibility requirements as defined by these organizations and GHS. The following regulations apply to all GHS students in grades 9-12 who participate in extracurricular activities.
1. To participate in extracurricular activities a student must pass 5 out of 6 courses the preceding semester. Summer school is considered an extension of spring semester. A student is ineligible on the first day of the semester if he or she has not passed 5 courses the preceding semester except for the beginning of Fall semester when eligibility shall be declared at the time the student has passed 5 or 6 courses including courses taken during summer school.
2. A student must be present in school at least half of the school day (3 periods) to be eligible to participate in an activity/sport for that day. This includes being present at least 3 periods on Friday preceding a Saturday event.
3. Students who are suspended ISS or OSS may not participate in any school activity, including practice, until the day after the suspension ends.
4. All students must be “On Track” for graduation at the beginning of each school year to remain eligible: 2nd year – 5 Carnegie units; 3rd year – 11 Carnegie units; 4th year – 17 Carnegie units.
5. All students must have an up-to-date completed physical form on file BEFORE they can practice or tryout for a team. All physicals are good for one year from the date the physical was conducted.
6. Student athletes must show proof of insurance BEFORE they can practice or tryout for a team.
7. All eligibility requirements established by the GHSA (Georgia High School Association) must be met and maintained.
8. In order to earn an award, a student must remain on the squad (in the activity he/she is participating) until the entire schedule has been completed and/or until he/she has been released by the coach.
9. All students must obey training rules at all times, especially the general rules of the non-use of alcohol, tobacco, and unauthorized drugs, as well as all local, state, and federal laws.
10. Athletes must return all equipment issued or pay for the replacement of any item not returned.
11. All out of season practices are prohibited by the GHSA and Gwinnett County Public Schools. Starting dates for all extra curricular activities have been established by the GHSA and shall be followed.